Each season the Cotuit Kettleers organization offers college and high school students from all over the country the opportunity to participate in the many tasks associated with producing a high-quality baseball event. The following intern categories are offered and may possibly be approved for college credit:
- Play-by-Play Broadcasting
- Two interns needed
- A complete understanding of the game of baseball is required
- All games, home and away throughout the entire season
- Home games: two interns work together in broadcasters booth, second floor of pressbox behind home plate
- Away games: two interns work together at each of nine other league fields, set up table and chairs with travel mixer and cell phone for audio-only broadcasts
- Own transportation required; gas allowance provided by the organization; car pooling with sports writing and photography interns recommended.
- Video Production
- Two interns needed
- A well-rounded knowledge of the game of baseball is required
- Home games only, throughout the entire season
- Management of multiple remotely controlled cameras for internet streaming and local television
- Two interns work together in broadcasters booth
- Game Day Events
- Ten interns needed
- Familiarity with the game of baseball is helpful, but not required.
- Home games only throughout the entire season – stat sheets, lineups, raffles, donations, VIP suite, welcome tents, banners, PSAs.
- July 4th Family Festival at Lowell Park – 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Participation in the Cotuit parade, Main Street
- Adult hitting contest, dunk tank, games for children and adults
- Hit, Run, Throw Competitions for children – one Saturday or Sunday morning in July, date TBD.
- One intern needed
- A well-rounded understanding of the game of baseball is required.
- All games – action photos on field during games and candids throughout the entire season
- Canon equipment is available from the organization, or photographer may use his/her own equipment
- Own transportation required; gas allowance provided by the organization; car pooling with sports writing and broadcasting interns recommended.
- One or two interns needed
- A complete understanding of the game of baseball is required.
- Recap stories of all games, home and away throughout the entire season
- Feature Stories – freelance topics, season recap for newsletter, BASELINES
- Video interviews of players and coaches
- Own transportation required; gas allowance provided by the organization; car pooling with photography and broadcasting interns recommended.
- Retail Management
- Two interns needed
- Home games in the Kettleers Store at Lowell Park throughout the entire season
- All Star game merchandise sales, one full day in late July, date TBD – lunch provided
Interns must be available to work games from June 10th through the end of the Cotuit Kettleers season, which could be as late as August 18th. A mandatory preseason orientation will be scheduled before opening day. Cotuit Kettleers internships are unpaid positions with the possibility of a post-season bonus based on merit.
The Kettleers regular season is 44-games, including 22 home games. Post-season games vary from as few as 2 games to a maximum of 9 games, of which roughly half would be at home. Home games begin at 5:00 during June and July and 4:30 during August. All interns must arrive at Lowell Park 90 minutes before game start during regular season and 2 hours before game start during post-season.
Housing is scarce and expensive during the summer on Cape Cod. The organization cannot guarantee or participate in securing housing for interns. It is critical that interns who are accepted begin a housing/jobs search by late winter or early spring. Preference will be given to interns who have secured housing prior to applying for an internship. Local jobs are available, but interns must be certain jobs do not interfere with game and event commitments.
Interns work hard, but the organization tries to make the experience fun too. If you would like to be considered for an Intern position with the Cotuit Kettleers, please contact Intern Hiring Coordinator Candi Hurwitz at: email@example.com.