By: Sean Bailey, Writing Intern, Providence College
June 23, 2013
- Cotuit 7 Hyannis 2
- The game was the Sunday Night Game of the Week for the Cape Cod League. It was broadcast on WEEI radio.
- The game featured two teams from Barnstable. Barnstable is the only town in the Cape Cod League with more than one team. The teams have a season series and the winner takes home the Barnstable Patriots Cup
- The game was also for first place in the Western Division. The Harbor Hawks entered at 6-2, a half game ahead of Cotuit at 6-3.
- Cotuit broke a ten inning hitless streak in the first, with a Steven Duggar (Clemson) single into right field to lead off the game. The hit was also Duggar’s first of the season. He went 3-5 on the game. The Kettleers also broke a ten inning scoreless streak, with a two run Rhett Wiseman (Vanderbilt) double.
- Nolan Clark (Concordia) collected his first RBI of the season with a single to score Wiseman. Clark went 1-4 and got hit by a pitch.
- Mike Ford (Princeton) mashed his first home run of the season, with a shot to right center. Ford went 2-4 with a walk, and scored two runs
- Joel Seddon (South Carolina) picked up his first win for Cotuit. He pitched 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out two while allowing only one walk and two hits.
- Cotuit scored a run in the seventh inning without recording a hit. A strikeout with a passed ball, a walk, an error by the shortstop, and a passed ball were the catalysts for the run.
- After being no hit Cotuit against Bourne Saturday, the Kettleers exploded for 14 hits. Seven of the ten Kettleers who batted recorded a hit
- Brian Miller (Vanderbilt) recorded his second save of the season. Miller entered the game in the eighth with runners on first and second, escaping the inning without allowing a run. He pitched 2 innings with two strikeouts, walking one and allowing one hit