By: Sean Bailey, Writing Intern, Providence College
June 21, 2013
- Harwich wins 3-2 over Cotuit
- It was red shirt Friday for the Cape League again, with Harwich sporting the sleek red uniforms. The uniforms are meant to honor the troops
- Connor Castellano (Santa Fe) played third base for the first time this season.
- Chris Ellis (Ole Miss) went six innings with no hit baseball. Derek Fisher (Virginia) broke up the no hitter with a rocket line drive double to centerfield. Ellis finished going six innings, striking out three, giving up one unearned run, one hit and two walks.
- All the runs given up by Cotuit were unearned, as the team made four errors. The three runs allowed were only off of two hits. That makes 10 errors in their past three games
- Cotuit left nine runners on base, including the bases loaded in the eighth inning with the game tied 1-1. Cotuit also was caught stealing three times
- Mike Ford (Princeton) had three of the seven Cotuit hits on the night.
- Max Schrock (South Carolina) had his first hit of the season. He stroked a line drive to center in the eighth. He would be left on third though
- Roster Moves:
- Bradley Zimmer (University of San Francisco) has left the team for the USA team tryouts
- Evan Beal (South Carolina) was activated. Beal came in the game tonight, going two innings striking out three, allowing two hits and two walks. Both runs he gave up were unearned, and he suffered the loss.
- John Hochstatter (Stanford) threw a bullpen session with Kevin Bradley (Clemson) catching. Coach Roberts is looking to stockpile backup catchers with Aramis Garcia (Florida International) leaving last week