By Nick Solari, Writing Intern, Quinnipiac University
June 17, 2013
- Cotuit wins 6-1 over Brewster.
- Leading the Pack
- Eric Karch (Pepperdine) got the win for the Kettleers, going the first 5.0 innings. He gave up three hits, walked one, struck out four and gave up only one earned run. Karch now has two wins on the season, leading the team.
- Bradley Zimmer had a huge night for Cotuit. He was 4-for-5 with two singles, a double, and a homerun. He now has seven hits on the season.
- Connor Castellano (Santa Fe) stole another base tonight, giving him four on the season. He leads all Kettleers in that category.
- Castellano and Hunter Cole (Georgia) each scored another run. They are tied for the team lead with four.
- Pitching Dominance
- The Cotuit pitching staff combined to give up only one more run tonight. They have only given up 11 runs now in five games.
- Their team ERA is now 2.05 on the season, best in the Cape.
- Zimmer is now the only player on the Kettleers to start in all five games so far this season.
- Assistant Brian Scott filled in for Mike Roberts as manager today for the Kettleers, earning his first career win in the Cape Cod League.
- Cole (2-4) has raised his batting average to .400 now on the season, second highest on the team only to Castellano. Castellano is at .455
- Rhett Wiseman (Vanderbilt) took part in batting practice prior to today’s game. He left last night’s game after being hit by a pitch.
- Aramis Garcia (Florida International) has decided to leave the team after dealing with fatigue.
- The Kettleers, now 4-1 on the season, have the most points in the Western Division. They have eight, while Falmouth and Hyannis both have four points.
- Tonight marks the third win in a row for Cotuit. The only team with a longer streak is Chatham, who has won all five games thus far.