By: Sean Bailey, Writing Intern, Providence College
June 16, 2013
- Hall of Famer Peter Gammons attended the game; Gammons is a native New Englander
- First Starts:
- Nolan Clark (Concordia) made his first start behind the plate. He went 1-3 with a walk
- Rhett Wiseman (Vanderbilt) made his first start in left field. He drew two walks and recorded an RBI. He also made a spectacular diving catch to save a run
- Alex Haines (Seton Hill) struck out the side in the first, in his first inning pitched for the Kettleers. Haines finished the night with seven strikeouts in four innings, the most of any Kettleer. The team recorded 12 overall strikeouts with four different pitchers
- Connor Castellano (Santa Fe Junior College) hit his first home run of the season over the right field fence. It was his third straight game with a hit. Castellano finished with 2-4 with 3 RBIs
- Bradley Zimmer (University of San Francisco) got his first hit of the year, a line drive single into center in the top of the third. Zimmer went 2-5.
- Will Remillard (Coastal Carolina) knocked in his third RBI of the season, pinch hitting for Tim Kiene (Maryland) in the top of the eighth inning.
- Cotuit’s seven runs was the second highest total posted in one game for the Cape League this season. Chatham tallied eight in their win over Yarmouth-Dennis
- Brian Miller (Vanderbilt) made his first pitching appearance in the ninth inning
- Christian Ceccilio (University of San Francisco) made his first appearance and notched his first win for Cotuit. Cecillio went 3 2/3 innings with four strikeouts, only allowing a walk and a hit.