By: Sean Bailey, Writing Intern, Providence College
June 25, 2013
- Cotuit 9 Wareham 2
- Ben Smith (Coastal Carolina) recorded the most strikeouts for a starter on the season with eight. Smith also is tied for the longest start by a Kettleer with Jared Walsh (Georgia) and Chris Ellis (Ole Miss) who also threw six innings. Walsh’s outing came against Yarmouth-Dennis and Ellis’ came against Harwich. Smith is the first of these three to record the win though
- It was a Coastal Carolina type of night; Smith got the start and pitched phenomenally. Patrick Corbett (Coastal Carolina) came in relief and pitched three shutout innings, striking out two. Finally, catcher Will Remillard (Coastal Carolina) who entered the game as a pinch hitter, went 1-2 with two RBIs and a stolen base
- The nine run outburst was the most for Cotuit on the season. The Kettleers also lead the Cape League in runs with 60 in 12 games.
- Rhett Wiseman (Vanderbilt) recorded three RBIs, pushing his season total to six, five of which have come in his last three games
- Kevin Bradley (Clemson) went 3-3 with two walks, scoring three runs, and driving in two
- Cotuit made no errors tonight, after giving up four the previous contest against Chatham
- Seven of the eleven Kettleers who had at least one at bat reached base. Cotuit is second in OBP (On Base Percentage) with a percentage of .358, and first in batting average with an average of .258
- Steven Duggar (Clemson) tallied his first RBI of the season with a groundout to second in the second inning.
- Trevor Podratz (Hawaii) hit his second homerun against the Kettleers in as many games. Podratz launched a deep shot into left field in the fourth inning
- Hyannis and Cotuit are tied for first in the Western Division with 16 points