By: Nick Solari, Writing Intern, Quinnipiac University
June 30, 2013
- Cotuit 6 Bourne 1
- Christian Cecilio (San Francisco) was exceptional in his first start. He went 7.1 innings, gave up five hits, one run, struck out five, and didn’t walk a single batter. He also induced 15 ground ball outs during the course of his outing.
- Logan Ratledge (North Carolina St) made his first appearance for the Kettleers. He started the game at second base, batted second in the order, and went 2-for-5 with an RBI and a run-scored. His day included a home run in the bottom of the seventh inning to extend the Cotuit lead to 5-0 at the time.
- Cotuit made only one error tonight. In games that they have made two errors or less they are 8-1, and in game where they have made more than two errors they are 2-4 thus far.
- Hunter Cole (Georgia) got his first day off this season tonight. He had started all 14 games prior to the game, and is 12-for-47 so far this season, a .255 batting average.
- Mike Ford (Princeton) hit a two-out single in the bottom of the first inning off of Bourne starter Austin Gomber (Florida Atlantic). It was the first hit the Kettleers recorded against Gomber all season. He threw the first 5.0 innings of last week’s combined no-hitter at Lowell Park.
- Steven Duggar (Clemson) made an excellent over-the-shoulder catch on the warning track in right field to end the sixth inning. He walked twice tonight, as well.
- Jake Fincher (North Carolina St) went 1-for-3 with an RBI and a run scored. He has one hit in each of the three games he has played in so for as a Kettleer.
- The hitters on the Cotuit roster are heading to Fenway Park in Boston tomorrow to work out in front of scouts. They have an hour and a half time slot to play on the field.