by Nick Solari,
Intern, Quinnipiac College
June 12, 2013
- Center fielder Hunter Cole paced the Kettleers offensively, going 2-for-4 with 2 RBIs in the 4-2 win over the Orleans Firebirds.
- Cole also made a sliding catch with two outs in the ninth to secure the win.
- Southpaw Jared Walsh started the opener for Cotuit. He went five innings, struck out three and walked two.
- Walsh made 17 appearances on the hill for Georgia this spring, starting only five.
- Kevin Bradley made a diving stop and threw out Jordan Luplow in the top of the fifth inning, preserving the home teams 2-1 lead.
- Second-year veteran Aramis Garcia replaced Patrick Mazeika defensively behind the plate in the bottom half of the fifth inning.
- Liam Rafferty came in for relief and got out of a one-out bases loaded jam in the bottom of the eight. He got Orleans’ Garrett Cole to ground into a double play.
- It was one of the two double plays the Kettleers turned on the night.
- Third Basemen/Outfielder Elliott Caldwell is listed as day-to-day after injuring his thumb sliding into third base in Saturday’s scrimmage against the Lexington Blue Sox. There is no structural damage.
- Tim Kiene was hit by two pitches on the evening. He was hit only four times this past season at Maryland.
- Eric Karch got the win, pitching 2.2 innings. He gave up two hits and one run.
- Derrick Capiak got the save, facing the last two batters and striking out one.
- Orleans outhit Cotuit 8-7.
- Official attendance at Lowell Park was 1,687.