June 15, 2013
- First action for two Kettleers.
-Danny Diekroeger (Stanford) got his first start of the summer tonight at second base. He hit in the sixth spot in the Kettleers’ order and went 1-for-3.
-Rhett Wiseman (Vanderbilt) also saw his first action of the season for the Kettleers when he pinch-hit for Tim Kiene (Maryland) in the bottom of the eight. He was hit by a pitch and scored the go-ahead run.
- Will Remillard (Coastal Carolina) had the game-winning 2 RBI single. He went 2-for-3 and is hitting .400 so far for the Kettleers.
- Kettleers starter Chris Ellis (Ole Miss) went 4 innings in his first start of the summer. He gave up three hits, struck out six, and walked two. He had only started two games this year prior to getting the nod Saturday from head coach Mike Roberts.
- Wareham starter Fred Shepard (Amherst) went 6.1 innings, gave up three hits, three earned runs, walked two, and struck-out five.
- Trevor Podratz (Hawaii) home run in the top of the third inning broke an 11-inning scoreless streak for the visiting Wareham Gateman.
- In an effort to get back into playing condition, Elliot Caldwell (Spartanburg Methodist) warmed up for the second day in a row at third base prior to today’s game. Caldwell injured his thumb one week ago in a preseason scrimmage against the Lexington Blue Sox.
- Nolan Clark (Concordia) made his first appearance in the field today, when he subbed in for Galli Cribbs Jr. in the top of the sixth inning. He pinched hit in last nights game in Chatham, as well.
- Mike Ford (Princeton) pitched 5 innings in relief for the home team and earned the victory. He gave up three hits, one run, and struck out four.
– Brian Miller, Adam Ravenelle, Rhett Wiseman (All from Vanderbilt), and Joel Seddon (South Carolina) all arrived in Cotuit today prior to the game.
– Ryan Grant (Wheaton College), Jared Kujawa (Western Michigan), and Liam Rafferty (Florida Gulf Coast) have been released.