By: Sean Bailey, Writing Intern, Providence College
June 18, 2013
- Final Score: Cotuit 8 Yarmouth Dennis 3
- Cotuit is on a four game winning streak, swelling their record to 5-1. They have beat Wareham, Falmouth, Brewster, and now Yarmouth-Dennis
- Elliot Caldwell (Spartanburg Methodist) made his first appearance as a pinch hitter in the seventh inning. Caldwell was hit by a pitch and scored the game tying run.
- The Kettleers were being no hit by Erick Fedde (UNLV) into the fifth inning before Gali Cribbs Jr. (Clarendon) knocked a single through the gap between third and short. Bradley eventually collected his first hit of the season later in the inning knocking in the go ahead run
- The Kettleers exploded for seven runs in the seventh. The outburst equals the highest run total for a game for Cotuit on the season. The Kettleers have scored 21 runs in their last three games, while only allowing five runs
- Hunter Cole (Georgia) has three straight games with at least one RBI. Cole’s season total is now four RBIs on the season. Cole has also reached base every game this season
- Connor Castellano (Santa Fe) had a four game hit streak snapped. He went 0-2 with two walks, scoring a run
- Jared Walsh (Georgia) had the longest start of any Kettleer this season. He went six innings allowing no runs, striking out three, while only giving up three hits with no walks. Walsh did not factor in the decision after Yarmouth-Dennis was able to tie up the score in the seventh inning after he was pulled.
- Kevin Bradley (Clemson) was the only one with multiple hits for Cotuit in the game.
- Roster Moves
- Chris Murphy (Millersville) was released
- Max Schrock (South Carolina), Evan Beal (South Carolina), David Schmidt (Stanford) have arrived to Cotuit. Beal and Schrock participated in pregame warmups.