By: Sean Bailey, Writing Intern, Providence College
July 6, 2013
- Cotuit 2 Hyannis 1
- Cotuit snaps a three game losing streak with their win. The Kettleers had been outscored 23-6 in the previous two losses, and 27-7 during the three game skid.
- The game was apart of the Barnstable Patriots Cup series. Cotuit has taken a 2-0 lead in the battle for the Cup. Barnstable is the only town on the Cape with two teams, and each season the teams play for the Cup.
- Cotuit ended a 13 inning scoreless drought with a Jake Fincher (NC State) single that brought in Mike Ford (Princeton)
- Logan Ratledge (NC State) has reached base in all six games he has played in
- Cotuit left 10 runners on base in the game. The Kettleers had 10 hits, but were only able to work one walk on the evening.
- Evan Beal (South Carolina) made his first start of the season. Beal had a stellar performance going five scoreless innings with six strikeouts, two walks and three hits allowed.
- Cotuit has had 28 strikeouts in their last three games, compared to 25 hits during that duration
- Steven Duggar (Clemson) had three hits in the game. It is his second three hit game of the season, his first coming against Hyannis as well. He is now 6-9 against the Harbor Hawks on the season