By: Sean Bailey, Writing Intern, Providence College
July 8, 2013
- Cotuit 6 Harwich 2
- This game marked the 22nd of the season, the official halfway mark of the season. Cotuit’s record is 13-9.
- Will Remillard (Coastal Carolina) was a late scratch from the lineup today, for undisclosed reasons
- Hunter Cole (Georgia) hit his first homerun of the season, a two run shot to deep center in the fourth inning. The homer came on the second strike he had seen all day, as he had walked on four pitches in his first at bat. Cole reached base multiple times for the first time since a June 24th game against Chatham.
- Gali Cribbs Jr (Clarendon) took reps at second base today during warm-ups
- Patrick Corbett (Coastal Carolina) lost his 9 1/3 scoreless inning streak, but got the win going four innings, striking out four, while only allowing a walk and two hits
- Cotuit hit three homeruns for the first time this season. They are now in first in the Cape League as a team with 16, with Falmouth one behind at 15 (as of the end of the Cotuit game)
- All four of Ben Smith’s (Coastal Carolina) strikeouts were on called third strikes. Smith leads the team with 26 strikeouts in 22 innings. Smith went four innings allowing two walks, one run, and struck out four
- Cotuit left the bases loaded in the second, but aside from that they did not leave one runner on base the rest of the game
- Ian Happ (Cincinnati) had a great game for Harwich. He doubled three times, scored a run and robbed Logan Ratledge (NC State) of his third homerun in the fifth when he reached over the left field wall to bring the ball back. It would have been Ratledge’s third of the season, and would have brought Cotuit’s total to four on the day