By Nick Solari, Writing Intern, Quinnipiac University
August 1, 2013
Cotuit 0, Bourne 2
Another New Arm:
- Southpaw Dalton Potts (Tennessee Martin) made his first appearance with the Kettleers tonight. Coach Mike Roberts elected to give Potts the start, and he went 5.0 innings, gave up six hits, two runs, struck out five and walked one.
- Potts is the third pitcher to make his first appearance for Cotuit in the past three games. Michael Roberts (Coppin St) and Wesley Cox (Texas San Antonio) were the other two. Both Roberts and Cox pitched out of the bullpen on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Shut Out Again:
- The Kettleers were shut out for the fifth time of the 2013 season tonight. It was the second time in three games that they have been shut out, as well.
- Jacob Lindgren (Mississippi St) faced the minimum of 15 batters through the first five innings at Doran Park. He pitched the first six shutout innings for the Braves.
Help is on the Way:
- Corner Infielder Caleb Bryson (Samford) was added to the Kettleers roster, and arrived in Cotuit Thursday afternoon.
- The 6’1”, 205 lbs. right-handed hitter put up a .260 batting average with nine homeruns and 37 RBI’s at school this spring.
Getting it Done:
- Danny Diekroeger (Stanford) had a team-high two hits on the night, both singles.
- He was the only Kettleer in the starting lineup with a batting average over .300 on the season. He is now hitting for a .319 clip for the season.
Back on Track:
- Adam Ravenelle (Vanderbilt) and David Schmidt (Stanford) followed Potts out of the bullpen tonight, combining to pitch the final three scoreless innings.
- Ravenelle threw a scoreless sixth inning, four days after he allowed two runs and failed to record an out in his last appearance.
- Schmidt went the final 2.0 innings scoreless, a week after his last appearance where he allowed six earned runs.