Join the Media Team for Cotuit Kettleers Baseball
contact: Don LeSieur, Intern Director for the Cotuit Athletic Association: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional internships listed HERE
A great opportunity is available for a student looking to enhance a photography portfolio and gain experience in sports photography.
- A well-rounded understanding of the game of baseball is required
- Must provide own housing
- Must provide own transportation to away games (gas allowance provided by organization). Car-pooling to away games with media interns is encouraged.
- Photograph game action (on-field) and crowd candids (off-field) at all home and away games throughout the regular season, playoffs, and special events.
- Canon equipment is available from the organization, or photographer may use his/her own equipment
- Become acquainted with players’ names, coaches’ names, and uniform numbers ASAP
- Ensure that the Kettleers organization has minimally a complete set of five high-resolution, color, archive quality individual action photos of every player (contracted and temporary) who wears a Kettleers uniform
- Photograph coaches, trainers, bullpen catchers, and bat boys in action during the season
- Photograph crowd, kitchen, VIP guests, interns, bullpen, opening ceremonies, baseball clinics, advanced baseball clinics, and special events
- Photograph Annual Cotuit Kettleers Welcome Party in June (pre-season). Record skits and names of players/coaches participating in each skit,
- Photograph Annual 4th of July parade and activities, Hitting Contest
- Assist the organization with public relations, special events, and other similar projects/duties as assigned
- Archive all photos to organization online site. (All photos become the property of CAA. All photo credits on published intern photos will be assigned to intern.)
- Select and edit action photos immediately after each game and send to writers for web stories.
- Individuals should have a proven interest in photography and baseball.
- Preference will be given to college students who have photography and sports-related majors and high school students who are actively involved in photography and sports programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are preferred.