Preserving the Past…
…Securing the Future
The Campaign for Lowell Park
The Cotuit Athletic Association is continuing on capital improvements at historic Lowell Park in Cotuit, MA that when completed, will improve both the fan and player experience. ESPN once stated that Lowell Park was the new “Field of Dreams” and the Cotuit organization wants our loyal fans and countless visitors to continue to see and feel the ambience of the beautiful venue that is Lowell Park. Just as Fenway Park in Boston has done in recent years, we need to add and restore some much-needed features to make each Cotuit Kettleers home game a more positive and unique Cape Cod Baseball League experience.
See What We’ve Accomplished Together … So Far
The fundraising goal of the Capital Campaign total plan is $1,217,000. No contributions to this fundraising campaign will be used to meet the operating budget. All monies raised will be added to the restricted fund for capital expenditures and used for this project.
Fundraising kick-off began in May 2012 and will continue until the total amount of funds are raised. Construction/renovation began in September 2012 and the plan is to be completed ASAP.
Phase 1 – COMPLETE
- Multipurpose building with new restrooms providing wheelchair accessibility and storage area
- Renovations to the “well-loved” kitchen exterior and interior
- Fan-friendly courtyard
- Trophy display case
- Increased storage areas for game, clinics, and maintenance equipment
- Replacement of batting cage system
Phase 2 – COMPLETE
- New wooden third-base grandstands & green space
- Construction of new dugouts
- Green space & hardscape improvements
- Wall of Fame & Walk of Fame
- Replacement of the outfield irrigation system
- Resurfacing of the outfield
- Resurface parking lot